Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd

Dow House
6 John's Place
Leith, Edinburgh
EH6 7EP

+44 131 5546631

http://www.morrisonshipping.com

Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd Services

Below are services offered by Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd:

Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd

The company was founded in 1929 as a partnership between George Morrison and George D. Dow both former employees of the Edinburgh based Steven Line.

George Dow became the sole partner a few years later and continued in that capacity until the business was incorporated as a Limited Company in 1945. He was Managing Director from incorporation until his retirement in 1976. John Bottomley who joined the company in 1956, was appointed to succeed George Dow, and who continued as Managing Director until his retirement on 31st December 1999.

Our new Managing Director is Leslie Lawns, who has been with the company since 1961. Alan Williamson and Richard Alexander were also appointed Directors on 1st January 2000. With David Henderson & John Dawson becoming Board members in 2002.

The company has always been based here in Leith, the original office being located appropriately in Maritime Street. The first move was to Tower Street and then on incorporation in 1945 to John's Place where it has remained ever since.

Morrisons started as Ship's agents in Leith and quickly expanded to include Chartering, Customs Clearance & Forwarding and world wide Liner agency representation. The Sale and Purchase department was established in 1986. The company has been providing Shore Excursions for Cruise Ships for the past 20 y

This service is available in Edinburgh (United Kingdom)

Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd Regions

Below are the regions in which Geo A. Morrison & Co. (Leith) Ltd are located or operate:

  • Edinburgh