5 Appold Street
+44 (0)20 7859 1897 (dir)
+44 (0)20 7638 1112
Below are services offered by Ashurst:
Ashurst is a leading international law firm of over 150 partners in 10 countries, providing advice of the highest quality to organisations around the world. Over the years, we have designed and built our business around the expertise you need to build and protect yours.
· Ashurst's transport group serves clients in all sectors of the transport industry: rail, road and automotive, aviation and maritime and ports. The 40 lawyers who make up the group bring together a wide range of legal experts with extensive experience in transport-related transactions. With our knowledge of the structure and economics of the various transport sectors and their regulatory and commercial environment, we are able to respond quickly and effectively to all legal issues in transport that may arise - and so assist our clients in gaining the necessary competitive and commercial edge.
· We were ranked 2nd by volume in 2003 in the Global Transport Legal Adviser category by Infrastructure Journal.
· Ashurst is one of a handful of firms who genuinely play a leading role in the rail industry worldwide.
· Our team has acted for eight of the (now) 23 passenger train operating companies, and is heavily involved in the current re-franchising and restructuring of the industry in the UK. In addition, Ashurst is acting on many of the current major rail PPPs; for example, in 2003 we advised on the London Underground and the DLR City Airport Extension PPP projects.
· Our international practice in rail is also expanding rapidly. We have been involved in the privatisation of the Tanzanian Railways, the Perpignan to Figueras High Speed Rail Link and the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link project in South Africa.
Road and automotive
· Ashurst has extensive expertise in acting for both the private and public sector in toll and shadow toll road and bridge projects. Our experience includes advising in all aspects of tendering/bidding, structuring, private financing, public debt funding, concessioning, construction, upgrade, operation and maintenance. We also have susbstantial experience in the automotive sector.
· Ashurst has expertise in relation to airports, airlines and aircraft. We are experienced in:
o airport privatisation and sales;
o airport infrastructure development;
o airport and airline regulation;
o airline matters; and
o aircraft financing and leasing.
Maritime and ports
· Ashurst is well placed to advise in connection with all aspects of the maritime and ports sector, including:
o port privatisations and sales;
o port infrastructure development;
o port regulation; and
o shipping company mergers & acquisitions and commercial agreements.
This service is available in United Kingdom
You can find out more here http://www.ashurst.com